1. General Policy Statement
We pledge to meet fully, and where possible exceed, internationally recognized standards of personal data privacy protection, in complying with the requirement of the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
2. Data collection and use
- We collect personal data from our website visitors; data collected may include name, address, e-mail address, etc. The information is used by us for the purposes stated in the respective screens on which we invite you to provide your data. We may also use the information we collect for the following purposes:
We may communicate or send message to you via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication, or send e-newsletters to you. You may choose not to receive promotional materials, by simply telling us, and we will cease to do so, without charge. We do not use your personal data for any other purposes without your prior consent unless such use is permitted or required by law.
- to complete your registration/purchase transactions;
- to identify your interests and preferences, so that you can be informed of new or additional events, activities and promotions that might be of interest of you;
- to notify you of any news relating to the events or activities you have engaged; and
- to improve the events and activities organised or co-organised by us and the overall services of us.
- When you visit our website, we record your visit only as a "hit" and do not collect any personal identifiable information about you. The "hit" information is to allow us to compile general statistics to show the daily number of visitors to our site.
- When you visit certain services of our website, we collect general information about your visits by means of cookies files. The information is only used for analysing your preference in relation to the service we provide. You have a choice not to accept the cookie files, but if you do not, certain functionality may not be available.
3. Data disclosure
The personal data that we have collected may be transferred to persons or companies engaged in contractual activities on our behalf for the above mentioned purposes for which the personal data are to be used. We limit the personal data we provide to outside persons or companies to only the personal data we believe is appropriate to enable them to carry out their responsibilities under our contracts. We contractually require that the personal data provided be used only for the specifically authorized purpose and that its confidentiality be maintained.
4. Data retention
In your dealings with us, we retain records of your online transactions for auditing purposes. We also retain your personal data for the purposes as stated in this policy. Should you prefer that your personal data be not kept by us, please let us know and we will remove your personal data from our record after the specified purpose for which you provide us the data has attained.
5. Data security
All personal data you provide to us is secured on our web site with restricted access by authorized personnel only.
6. Your consent and rights
By using our service, making an application/registration or visiting our website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal data as outlined in this policy.
Under the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right:
- to check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data;
- to require us to correct inaccurate data; and
- to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by us.
If you want to access or correct data, have any questions or complaints; please contact our Communication Manager by:
- writing to our address at 1/F InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong;
- emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy is written in English. If there is any inconsistency between the Chinese translation and the English version of this policy, the English version shall prevail.